Marketing Intern, Part-time (up to 25 hours), Philadelphia, PA
TRA provides management and technical consulting services to the transportation industry, specifically in public transit operations, safety, security, and maintenance. TRA’s work includes auditing, safety programs, and regulatory compliance assessments, as well as transit agency systems analyses. TRA provides its clients with detailed written findings and recommendations, as well as both quantitative and qualitative analyses.
TRA is seeking an intern to assist with overall marketing and business development activities. The position will also help with social media efforts and graphic design for marketing materials, as well as updating the TRA website and supporting proposal development and other outreach efforts. The position is designed to be part-to-two-thirds time (up to 25 hours), with the potential to extend to full-time depending on future demand.
The position will be for spring-summer 2019, with potential to extend into the fall, and will report to the Business Development Manager. The work will cover the following elements:
- Develop marketing materials, possibly including brochures, videos, and web content
- Update and maintain TRA’s website with relevant content and materials
- Help TRA develop a social media marketing plan and have primary responsibility for posting to social media channels to increase reach and drive engagement
- Develop and disseminate materials including newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and blog posts
- Assist the Business Development Manager with assembling, editing, and producing proposals for future work
- Assist with graphic design of print and online marketing materials
- Develop internal and external graphic design materials for report formats, report covers, and other standardized items
Recommended qualifications and skills
The Intern must have the desire to work in a small team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Recommended qualifications include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred
- Experience with HTML and web technology preferred
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) required; experience managing or contributing to social media presence for a professional organization preferred
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work with others in a cross-functional, team environment while working independently
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.