Transportation Resource Associates, Inc.
Intern / Co-Op • Summer 2023
Interns assist all levels of the TRA team on transit/transportation assignments related to safety, security, emergency preparedness, operations, and maintenance. Interns may work with clients in both public and private sectors, as well as with a tight-knit, fast-moving, and diverse group of coworkers. When possible, interns are assigned multiple ongoing projects, with numerous coworkers to maximize exposure to the field.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Report and proposal writing
- Document editing and production
- Presentation development
- Database development and analysis
- Field work
Depending on the intern’s school requirements, additional project work and deliverables may be incorporated into the position responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong capacity to analyze, understand, and incorporate technical information.
- Ability to think creatively about data and how to present it as useful and engaging information, both for external and internal use.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database and MS Project.
- Adobe Creative Suite and database experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Status as a US citizen.
- Internships are available for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree candidates.
- Candidates must have experience, coursework, and/or strong interest in transportation operations, planning, maintenance, safety, or security and emergency preparedness.
- Interns typically have educational backgrounds in engineering, city planning, urban studies, or related fields; however, candidates with any academic background and an interest in the firm’s core areas of business are encouraged to apply.
This position will be based in Philadelphia, with regular interface with TRA staff and clients in throughout the United States. TRA is currently in-person but is contingent upon any changing circumstances related to COVID-19.
This position is part-time (16-20 hours/week) or full-time (40 hours/week) for Summer 2023. There is additional potential for this position to continue into the Fall Semester.
This is a paid, hourly position, although it can be unpaid if required to receive course credit or comply with a co-op program.
Tell us why you are the right person for TRA’s Intern position. Send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for the Summer 2023 internship is Monday, March 13, 2023.
Transportation Resource Associates, Inc. (TRA) provides management and technical consulting services to the transportation industry, with a primary focus in public transit operations, safety, security, and maintenance. TRA’s work includes auditing, safety program development and assessment, and regulatory compliance assessments, as well as transit agency systems analyses. TRA provides its clients with technical assistance, detailed written reports and other deliverables, as well as both quantitative and qualitative analyses. www.traonline.com