PROJECT ANALYST – TRANSIT SAFETY & OPERATIONS
TRA is an industry leader in management and operations consulting for public transit, infrastructure, and transportation agencies. The Project Analyst supports TRA’s consulting staff and its highly varied, technical consulting work in safety, security, operations, maintenance, and emergency preparedness. The Project Analyst will interface with TRA clients in both public and private sectors. Work will be performed independently, as well as part of a team. An interest in – and a desire to continuously learn about – all aspects of public transportation safety, security, emergency preparedness, operations, and maintenance is a must-have. The Project Analyst will see a progressive increase in responsibilities and growth opportunities as tenure evolves.
•Participating in client interviews, field assessments, observations, drills, and exercises.
•Analyzing client operations, safety, and business processes.
•Writing/editing reports and proposals.
•Interpreting and editing client documentation and procedures.
•Supporting consulting tasks and projects led by TRA project managers and subject matter experts.
Project Analyst Qualifications
- Candidates with experience in rail and bus transit, transportation, engineering, planning, or similar disciplines are preferred. Applicants with other applicable education and experience in safety, maintenance, quality assurance and quality control may also be considered.
- Knowledge of or strong interest and ability to learn in the following areas
- Public transportation operations, safety, maintenance, security, and/or emergency management. Safety Management Systems (SMS), knowledge of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and/or US Department of Transportation requirements is a plus.
- FTA Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) certification is also a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking, and an excellent capacity to analyze, understand, and incorporate technical information.
- Ability to think creatively about data and how to present it as useful and engaging information, both for external and internal use.
- Ability to work independently and interface regularly with a wide range of clients.
- Successful Project Analysts must be outgoing, engaging, and social – and must actively look for ways they can help the TRA team.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and video conferencing platforms. Database or MS Project experience is a plus.
Master’s degree is preferred. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree will be considered with significant, applicable industry experience.
TRA is considering candidates based in locations that fill current project needs, including the firm’s main office in Philadelphia, as well for projects based in Pittsburgh, Dallas, Austin, and throughout Florida. Frequent in-person meetings and field work are required, as is regular and frequent domestic travel (40-60%).
- Compensation will be based on skills and experience.
- Employer-covered health insurance.
- 401(k) and profit sharing are offered.
- Position is salaried, and is based on an approximately 45-hour work week, not inclusive of travel time or non-working time during business trips to project site locations.
- Schedule and total hours will vary depending on current assignments.
Other Candidate Requirements
Candidates must be U.S. citizens. Only candidates who are fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus will be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to an employment offer. Candidates are required to successfully pass background check covering criminal records and academic degree verification. Candidate must be willing and able to periodically work in environments requiring specialized safety training, such as rail tunnels and guideways, vehicle and equipment maintenance shops, and electrical and communications equipment rooms.
Tell us why you are the right person for TRA’s Project Analyst position. Send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants without a cover letter or expression of interest will not be considered.
Transportation Resource Associates, Inc. (TRA) provides management and technical consulting services to the transportation industry, with a primary focus in public transit operations, safety, security, and maintenance. TRA’s work includes auditing, safety and security program development and assessment, and regulatory compliance assessments, as well as transit agency systems analyses. TRA provides its clients with technical assistance, detailed written reports and other deliverables, as well as both quantitative and qualitative analyses. www.traonline.com