Project Analyst – July 2021TRA Project Analyst
The Project Analyst supports TRA’s consulting staff and its highly varied, technical work. The Project Analyst will interface with TRA clients in both public and private sectors. Work will be performed independently, as well as part of a team. An interest in – and a desire to continuously learn about – all aspects of safety, security, emergency preparedness, operations, and maintenance is a must-have. The Project Analyst will see a progressive increase in responsibilities as tenure evolves.
- Participating in client interviews, field assessments, observations, drills, and exercises.
- Documentation of business processes.
- Writing/editing reports and proposals.
- Interpreting and editing client documentation and procedures.
- Providing data, information, and analyses for use by TRA project managers and subject matter experts.
Project Analyst Qualifications
- Candidates with experience in rail and bus transit, general transportation, engineering, planning, or similar disciplines are often successful, however applicants with other applicable backgrounds may be considered.
- Knowledge of or interest in public transportation security, emergency preparedness, operations, maintenance, or safety is preferred.
- Familiarity with intelligence products related to security and emergency preparedness including GIS mapping is preferred.
- Familiarity with Safety Management Systems (SMS) in any industry is beneficial, as is knowledge of Federal Transit Administration and/or US Department of Transportation requirements.
- Candidates who have completed the FTA Transit Safety and Security Program certification are preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking, and an excellent capacity to analyze, understand, and incorporate technical information.
- Ability to think creatively about data and how to present it as useful and engaging information, both for external and internal use.
- Ability to work independently and interface regularly with a wide range of clients.
- Successful Project Analysts must be outgoing, engaging, and social – and must actively look for ways they can help the TRA team.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and video conferencing platforms. Database and MS Project experience is a plus.
- Master’s degree is required.
- A candidate with a bachelor’s degree will be considered only with significant, applicable transportation industry experience.
This position will be based in Philadelphia, with regular interface with TRA staff and clients throughout the United States. Frequent travel (40-60%) in support of TRA projects is expected.
- Compensation will be based on skills and experience.
- Position is salaried, and is based on an approximately 45-hour work week, not inclusive of travel time or non-working time at project site locations.
- Schedule and total hours will vary depending on current assignments.
Tell us why you are the right person for TRA’s Project Analyst position. Send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com. Applicants without a cover letter or expression of interest will not be considered.
Transportation Resource Associates, Inc. (TRA) provides management and technical consulting services to the transportation industry, with a primary focus in public transit operations, safety, security, and maintenance. TRA’s work includes auditing, safety and security program development and assessment, and regulatory compliance assessments, as well as transit agency systems analyses. TRA provides its clients with technical assistance, detailed written reports and other deliverables, as well as both quantitative and qualitative analyses. www.traonline.com